Prescott Same-Day CEREC Crowns
Prescott Dental Arts offers CEREC™ Crowns for your family in Prescott, Arizona
A dental crown is a method for restoring a tooth that has decayed, worn down, or cracked and cannot be corrected with a tooth filling, due to insufficient remaining tooth structure. In some instances an old filling may have expanded and contracted over time, causing it to separate from the tooth, which can cause the tooth to become damaged or weakened. The distorted filling eventually causes a small opening between itself and the tooth, which invariably results in decay. If the filling is not replaced by a crown, the tooth may crack and bring on more serious problems and discomfort.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
The traditional, time-consuming process of getting crowns required that you wait through a two to three week process of having the impression made and a temporary inserted, and returning later to fit and place the permanent crown. If the crown doesn’t fit just right, it has to be returned to the lab and the procedure starts all over again!
Fortunately, technology has caught up with dental crowns, and our patients in Prescott, Arizona can enjoy CEREC™, same-day, crowns. In just a single visit, you can have a perfect-fitting crown that looks beautiful and functions like a natural tooth. With CEREC™ technology, Prescott Family Dental can create a perfectly fitting, permanent crown in just a few minutes! Using in-house computer-aided design technology, we can mill and produce the crown with amazing accuracy and speed. All the waiting and return trips to the dentist are no longer necessary, and the entire process takes about 90 minutes.
- All-porcelain crowns are all white, like your teeth, so they give your mouth the natural look you want.
- Porcelain crowns are custom made to fit over your natural tooth. The crown is bonded to your tooth, covering it completely, restoring its strength and function.
- Porcelain dental crowns repair and strengthen damaged teeth, and can also be used to give a new surface to discolored or misshaped teeth.
- Porcelain crowns help stop the spread of decay and correct any structural damage.
- A strategically placed crown can also improve the alignment of your
bite, thereby preventing other teeth from shifting, and more evenly distributing the pressure placed upon your teeth when you bite or chew.
- Because of the inherent smoothness of porcelain and strength of the bonding process, all-porcelain crowns increase not only the strength but also the life span of the tooth.
Porcelain crown placement typically involves two visits. Your tooth is prepared and shaped, and then impressions are taken and sent to a dental lab. The lab creates a model from your impressions and crafts a porcelain crown to fit over your tooth. This crown is then bonded to your tooth.
Other than a little sensitivity for a few days, the procedure itself is relatively pain-free.
Caring for a Porcelain Crown
All-porcelain crowns are very strong and durable. In many instances they will outlast the biting capacity of your natural teeth, but they still require the same daily care that you give your normal teeth.
For our friends in Prescott, AZ, we offer Dental Crowns & Bridges for your entire family. Please contact our office to schedule a friendly and gentle consultation.
Call us at (928) 445-8980
Prescott, AZ 86301
Request Your Appointment Online
EXAM, CLEANING & X-RAYS
Non-Insured, New Patient Coupon